Drug Stocks: Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:VRX), Bio-Path Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:BPTH), Alkermes (NASDAQ:ALKS), Petmed Express Inc (NASDAQ:PETS), Acura Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACUR)

Technology Stocks News 3

JUST after Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (NYSE:VRX) bought Medicis Pharmaceutical two years ago, the new owner gathered staff of the skin-products maker and started handing out envelopes. If you got a black envelope, it meant you were fired. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE:VRX) stock performance was -0.29% in last session and finished the day at $125.18. Traded volume was 3.08million shares in the last session and the average volume of the stock remained 3.31million shares. The beta of the stock remained 0.86. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE:VRX) insider ownership is 2.30%.

Investment analysts at Maxim Group began coverage on shares of Bio-Path Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:BPTH) in a note issued to investors on Monday. The firm set a “buy” rating and a $5.00 price target on the stock. Maxim Group’s target price suggests a potential upside of 90.11% from the stock’s previous close. Bio-Path Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:BPTH) rose 4.90 percent to $3.00 Wednesday on volume of 1.47million shares. The intra-day range of the stock was $2.81 to $3.03. Bio-Path Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:BPTH) has a market capitalization of $267.71million.

Alkermes Plc (NASDAQ:ALKS) CFO James M. Frates unloaded 7,000 shares of the company’s stock on the open market in a transaction dated Wednesday, June 11th. The stock was sold at an average price of $47.72, for a total transaction of $334,040.00. Following the transaction, the chief financial officer now directly owns 44,225 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,110,417. Alkermes Plc (NASDAQ:ALKS)’s stock on June 11, 2014 reported a decrease of -1.20% to the closing price of $47.79. Its fifty two weeks range is $26.47 -$54.25. The total market capitalization recorded $6.91billion. The overall volume in the last trading session was 861.80K shares. In its share capital, ALKS has 144.51million outstanding shares.

Shareholders of PetMed Express Inc (NASDAQ:PETS) looking to boost their income beyond the stock’s 4.9% annualized dividend yield can sell the September covered call at the $15 strike and collect the premium based on the 30 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 7.7% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost ), for a total of 12.6% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. On Wednesday, shares of Petmed Express Inc (NASDAQ:PETS) dropped -2.46% to close the day at $13.46. Company return on investment (ROI) is 25.40% and its monthly performance is recorded as 3.04%. Petmed Express Inc (NASDAQ:PETS) quarterly revenue growth is 0.59%.

Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc (NASDAQ:ACUR) was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a research report issued to clients and investors on Tuesday. Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACUR) stock performance was 1.98% in last session and finished the day at $1.03. Traded volume was 99.80K shares in the last session and the average volume of the stock remained 236.71K shares. The beta of the stock remained 1.66. Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACUR) insider ownership is 1.60%.

Signup for free to be the first to receive exclusive free links. Now in your mailbox!
Join over 15,000 subscribers
Send me links

Your information will not be shared to anyone