Healthcare New Highs: Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD), Baxter International (NYSE:BAX), WellPoint (NYSE:WLP), The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), iKang Healthcare (NASDAQ:KANG)

Technology Stocks News 20

Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) on June 15 announced topline results from a Phase 3 clinical trial (GS-US-337-0113) in Japan evaluating the investigational once-daily fixed-dose combination of the NS5A inhibitor ledipasvir (LDV) 90 mg and the nucleotide analog polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir (SOF) 400 mg, with and without ribavirin (RBV), for the treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) stock performance was 1.80% in last session and finished the day at $88.68. Traded volume was 10.40million shares in the last session and the average volume of the stock remained 14.02million shares. The beta of the stock remained 0.71. Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) insider ownership is 0.50%.

Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX) said Wednesday it has acquired AesRx LLC, a small Massachusetts-based pharmaceutical firm focused on orphan drug treatments, for an undisclosed amount.Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX) rose 0.58 percent to $75.82 Wednesday on volume of 2.52million shares. The intra-day range of the stock was $75.14 to $76.05. Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX) has a market capitalization of $41.14billion.

WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP) has called Sovaldi its “biggest watch item,” budgeting $100 million of additional hepatitis C drug costs to its 2014 outlook after spending close to $50 million on it during the first quarter. WellPoint Inc (NYSE:WLP)’s stock on July 09, 2014 reported a increase of 1.29% to the closing price of $110.87. Its fifty two weeks range is $81.46 -$111.08. The total market capitalization recorded $31.01billion. The overall volume in the last trading session was 2.08million shares. In its share capital, WLP has 279.67million outstanding shares.

The Cooper Companies (NYSE:COO) CEO Robert S. Weiss sold 121,200 shares of the company’s stock on the open market in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, July 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $145.03, for a total value of $17,577,636.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chief executive officer now directly owns 80,500 shares in the company, valued at approximately $11,674,915On Wednesday, shares of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO) advanced 2.95% to close the day at $149.54. Company return on investment (ROI) is 10.60% and its monthly performance is recorded as 12.28%. The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO) quarterly revenue growth is 14.65%.

iKang Healthcare Group, Inc. (“iKang” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:KANG), the largest provider in China’s fast growing private preventive healthcare services market in terms of revenue in 2013, on 30 June 2014 announced that it has completed 100% acquisition of Shanghai Huajian Clinic Ltd. (“Huajian”), a well-known middle-to-high end brand in Shanghai’s medical examination market. iKang first acquired a 33% equity in Huajian in January 2014, which has been disclosed in iKang’s prospectus for its initial public offering, and subsequently acquired the remaining 67% equity in Huajian. iKang Healthcare Group Inc (ADR) (NASDAQ:KANG) stock performance was 4.98% in last session and finished the day at $19.80. Traded volume was 459,272.00million shares in the last session and the average volume of the stock remained 443.36K shares.

Signup for free to be the first to receive exclusive free links. Now in your mailbox!
Join over 15,000 subscribers
Send me links

Your information will not be shared to anyone